THOMAS XENAKIS, M.A., M.F.A.
Visual Artist Web Pages: www.xenakisarts.com and www.xenakisiconarts.com
Selected Solo and Group Exhibitions both nationally and internationally
- Master of Fine Arts, Maryland Institute, College of Art, Hoffberger School of Painting, Baltimore, Maryland. Studied under Grace Hartigan, Program Director
- Master of Arts, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Art as Applied to Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
- Bachelor of Sciences, Cum Laude, City University of New York, Brooklyn College, Major: Biology, Minor: Fine Arts.
- 2018 The Landscapes of Ten Artists, Group Exhibition, The Gallery at the Frame Factory, Vienna, Virginia
- 2017 Retrospective in Gold: Bridging Sacred and Secular, The Gallery at the Frame Factory, Vienna, Virginia
- 2017 Golden Nature, The Arts Club of Washington, Washington, DC
- 2016 Spirit of Gold, The Embassy of Greece, Washington, DC
- 2015 Something Different …Something New, The Gallery at the Frame Factory, Vienna, Virginia
- 2014 Gold Rush. Strathmore Mansion Gallery, Rockville, Maryland
- 2013 Nature Shining, Mattawoman Creek Arts Center, Marbury, Maryland
- 2013 Thomas Xenakis, New Works with Gold and Paint, The Gallery at the Frame Factory Gallery, Vienna, VA
- 2013 Gold Rushed, McLean Project for the Arts, McLean, Virginia
- 2012 In, Above and Beyond Ground, Thomas Xenakis and Noah Scanlin, The Visual Arts Center, Portsmouth, VA
- 2009 Gold Works, The Byrne Gallery, Middleburg, Virginia
- 2009 Celebration….and Creation…Gallery at St. John Episcopal, McLean, Virginia
- 2008 Heavens, Tabois-Bonhomme Galerie d’Art, McLean, Virginia
- 2007 L’Or, Tabois-Bonhomme Galerie d’Art, McLean, Virginia
- 2006 Light of Light. Gallery 101, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- 2005 5th Florence Biennale of Contemporary Art, Group Exhibition, Fortetza Di Basso, Florence, Italy
- 2005 XPYSO (GOLD) Dadian Gallery, Wesley Theological Seminary, Washington, DC
- 2004 Hellenic Festival of Artists, Group Exhibition, curated by Kouros Gallery, New York, New York
- 2004 Retrospective Exhibition, Sailing from Byzantium, 20+ years Painting and Drawing, The Visual Arts Center, Portsmouth, Virginia
- 2003 Views of Heaven, Mary Cosby Gallery at Potter’s House, Washington, D.C.
- 2002 Thomas Xenakis, Reflection on a Fulbright Experience in Greece, New Myth/Spheres of Influence, Verizon Gallery, Northern Virginia Community, Annandale, Virginia
- 2001 After and Beyond the Fires, Norfolk Arts Gala, Decorum, Norfolk, Virginia
- 2000 Inheritance, The Hellenic Museum and Cultural Center, Chicago, Illinois
- 1999, 2001, 2003 Thomas Xenakis at Norfolk Arts Gala, Decorum, Norfolk, Virginia
- 1999 Remembering Our Future, Catholic University, Washington, D.C.
- 1998 Essential Bonds, Group Exhibition, 50th Anniversary of Fulbright Program in Greece Melina Mercouri Cultural Center, Athens, Greece and 33rd Demetria Festival, Thessalonike, Greece.
- 1992, 1994 Irene Leache Memorial Exhibition, Group Exhibition, Chrysler Museum, Norfolk, Virginia
Works in Collections
- Radio Show Host. The Art as Experience Radio Show. WOWD_LP Takoma Park. 94.3 FM. Bi monthly hour Radio Show with co-host Sheila Blake. Topics in the visual are discussed.
- Visual Arts Instructor, Lecturer: Georgetown University, Corcoran College of Art and Design, Washington D.C., Marymount University, Arlington, VA, Prince Georges Community College, Largo, MD
- Two-time Senior Fulbright Scholar to Greece, Artist-In-Residence / Research Award, 2000-01, 1995-96
- Artist in Residencies: The Skopelos Foundation for the Arts, Skopelos, Greece, 2005. The Visual Arts Center, Tidewater Community College, 2003, Portsmouth Virginia. Wesley Theological Seminary, The Center for Art and Religion, 1996, Washington D.C.
- Visiting Artist: The Governor’ School for the Arts, Old Dominion University, 2002, Norfolk, Virginia, Fulbright Inter-European Exchange, National Academy of the Arts, Sofia, Bulgaria, 2001
- Study Abroad Programs: Faculty-in-Residence, Georgetown University, Villa le Balze, Fiesole, Italy, 2010, Marymount University to Greece, 2010, 2011, 2014, Corcoran School of Art + Design to Greece, 2004, 2005, Dias Private Consortium to Crete, Greece, 2006
- Museum Collections: The National Hellenic Museum, Chicago, IL, and The Orthodox Academy and Museum of Crete, Greece
- University Collections: Catholic University of America, Wesley Theological Seminary, The Center for Art and Religion, Marymount University, The Washington Theological Union, and Georgetown University
- Corporate Collections: Beschler- Fabio Dental Inc., Eagleton’s Corporation. Voudouris Foundation, Fulbright Foundation, The Skopelos Foundation for the Arts, Dr. Patrick Aulicino, Hand Surgery Associates, The American Center for Physics, International Orthodox Christian Charities,
- The Embassy of Greece, Washington, DC
- Private Collections in the United States, Greece, Italy, France, Germany, and Australia